methyl hydroxyethyl cellulose is soluble in water and some organic solvents. It can be dissolved in cold water. Its highest concentration is only determined by the viscosity. The solubility changes with the viscosity. The lower the viscosity, the greater the solubility.
methyl hydroxyethyl cellulose for salt-resistant construction is a non-ionic cellulose ether and not a polyelectrolyte. Therefore, it is relatively stable in aqueous solutions when metal salts or organic electrolytes are present, but excessive addition of electrolytes can cause gel And precipitation.
Surface activity As the aqueous solution has surface activity, it can be used as a colloidal protective agent, emulsifier and dispersant.
When heated to a certain temperature, the methyl hydroxyethyl cellulose aqueous solution for thermal gel construction becomes opaque, gels, and precipitates, but when it is continuously cooled, it returns to the original solution state, and this condensation occurs. The temperature of glue and precipitation mainly depends on their lubricants, suspending aids, protective colloids, emulsifiers and so on.
Mildew resistance It has good anti-mold ability and good viscosity stability during long-term storage.
PH stability The viscosity of the hydroxypropyl methylcellulose aqueous solution for construction is almost not affected by acid or alkali, and the PH value is relatively stable in the range of 3.0 to 11.0.
Shape retention Since the highly concentrated aqueous solution of methyl hydroxyethyl cellulose for construction has special viscoelastic properties compared with the aqueous solutions of other polymers, its addition has the ability to improve the shape of extruded ceramic products.
Water retention The hydrophilicity of methyl hydroxyethyl cellulose for construction and the high viscosity of its aqueous solution make it a highly effective water retention agent.
Other characteristics Thickener, film-forming agent, adhesive, lubricant, suspending agent, protective colloid, emulsifier, etc.
The advantages of building methyl hydroxyethyl cellulose in the field of construction
1. It is easy to mix with dry powder formula.
2. It has the characteristics of cold water dispersion.
3. Effectively suspend solid particles and make the mixture more smooth and uniform.
1. The dry blend formula containing methyl hydroxyethyl cellulose for construction can be easily mixed with water.
2. Get the desired consistency quickly.
3. The dissolution of cellulose ether is faster and without clumps.
1. Improve lubricity and plasticity to enhance workability and make product construction more convenient and faster.
2. Enhance water retention characteristics and extend working time.
3. It helps prevent the sag of mortar, mortar and tiles. Extend the cooling time and improve work efficiency.
4. Improve the bonding strength of tile adhesives.
5. Enhance the anti-cracking shrinkage and anti-cracking strength of mortar and board joint filler.
6. Improve the air content in the mortar to greatly reduce the possibility of cracks.
7. It can enhance the sag resistance of the tile adhesive.
8. The effect is better when used together with the starch ether of sleochem Chemical!